Sunday, January 11, 2015

Dublin Wrap Up

Twenty Four hours after waking up in Dublin, I lay my head down on my pillow, in my own bed, after another great two weeks with Abby, Becca, Scout, & Jesper.

Scout & Abby enjoying some I-Pad
time in the man loft.
These trips to Europe are thrilling to say the least, I thank God for the opportunity to go on these trips! Of course the most enjoyable parts of these trips is the time we get to spend with Scout. The growth we see in her is amazing! Makes me want more Grand children for sure. This trip alone, we saw growth in her vocabulary, her wit, her warmth!

Scout & Abby on the slide.
Our last couple of days, or I should say my last 2 days, as Abby is still in Dublin for another 2 weeks, were wind down days. Going to the park with Abby & Scout on Thursday, letting Scout play on the playground equipment. She really enjoys the slide!

Friday night supper.
We went out for supper after the park, to the "Schoolhouse Pub", hamburgers were the choice that night. Now burgers are not burgers I've found out in our travels. These were pretty good, but give me a good ole midwestern beef burger anytime!

Talking of food and drink being tasty in certain cases, I have to say there is a big difference between Dublin Guinness and what we drink in the states. There is no comparison, the Guinness as a domestic is great!

Friday we return to Sandymound Hotel for supper. I had not had a Jamison until my last night. A shot, Guinness, & their house pizza did me well. Becca and Jesper had a fish pie. Talking fish, the seafood chowder in Ireland is very good, Abby tried it at various pubs and found them all tasty.

Good byes were said Friday night, Becca and I go to the airport early Saturday morning, she flew out to Portland on business for the week. Scout, Jesper, and Abby remain in Dublin. Goodbyes are hard, but the memories sooth's the pain.....
My lil Flicka, Scout..




No comments:

Post a Comment